Wednesday, June 15, 2011

If the Tiara Fits!!!


Yes, ladies, baking time again! Our friend and Piano teacher, Mary, is hosting a "Toddlers & Tiaras" Party at her home.  She asked if Pilar and I could put together a cake for this special occasion.  Why not?? .....and we came up with this idea. 


The tiara was cut with Cricut Cake using "Loopy Scallop Crown" file ( I don't remember where I got it). I modified it a little (stretched the top) to look more like a beauty pageant tiara and my Cricut Cake did the work. I love this bug!!!  The crown is made out of Gum Paste, colored with edible silver spray and decorated with rhinestones. The fondant I used on the cake is homemade marshmallow fondant. If you are interested in the recipe for the fondant, leave me a comment with your email address.

Here are a couple more pictures of this cutie.




3 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous job on this cake!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This cake is so cool! I love the tiara on the top of it. Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!! I bet is tastes as good as it looks!!

    ReplyDelete