Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I'm back!!

After a few crazy weeks, getting ready for two First Communions, my little one's and my friend's son, I'm BACK!!.  We all worked hard at home for this big event.  Since I'm from Spain, I wanted all of the refreshments to reflect our Spanish origins.  Here are some pictures:




Manchego Cheese with Artisan bread, fruit tray and "Patatas Aliñadas" (Mediterranean Potato Salad).



Two pictures of our famous Sangria....... it makes me thirsty to look at these pictures!! :)



Paella on the grill!



Alex's First Communion cake: I ventured in cake territory once again, thanks to my friend Pilar.  The cake was a wedding cake with nuts covered with homemade marshmallow fondant.  All the decorations were fondant and made using my cricut cake. The leaves, bread, chalice and grape are made from gum paste. Alex loved it!!!

Now time for the favors:


Favor Cake!! I used SVGcuts.com files to cut these boxes and flowers. I used the
Betty's Bags and Boxes II and flowers from Crush on you Boxes.   Each boxes contained a bunch of Hershey Kisses and a Rosary.


For the kids, I made white chocolate cover pretzels. I got the idea from Joy at Joyslife.com


4 comments:

  1. GREAT party Spaniard!!!! Can't wait to see what you do for their weddings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, everything looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy, this was a party I wish I'd hosted! Excellent, excellent job... your creations just keep getting better and better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could have been there to help and partake!! I love the paper cake, the real cake and all the great food!

    ReplyDelete